Team Caracache

Everything about the Geocaching exploits and adventures of Team Caracache:- Myriam, Paul, Xana and Maio.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lagos, Algarve, Portugal

Monday, January 22, 2007

My Cache - Dictator's Dilemma.

Where it all starts!

Although I think that straightforward traditional caches have their place, for my own enjoyment I prefer to have a problem to solve, and various steps to take to reach the final cache. So to date, all my caches are now multi-caches, even the first 'My Bonnie Revised' which was stolen in it's first incarnation, and has now been rethought and made into a 3-stage multi where the first cache is not attractive to cache thieves who chance upon it by accident. I wanted to keep the location for the first part of that cache, as it is such a good path to it and a wonderfule view over the Ocean.
22.5 House was also a two stage multi puzzle cache, where the hunter had to find the cache then follow a set of route instructions in the form of my patented 'Bamboo Diagrams' to reach the final cache. Several cachers have achieved this already, so I am satisfied that this system works.
This cache, Dictator's Dilemma, explores another area of geocaching - use of the GPS. For this cache a clue has to be solved at the initial point, and then a second waypoint has to be projected from the first using the function in the GPS. I have been told that some GPS do not have this projecting function, but I have heard no specific query. Garmin GPS's all seem to be able to do this, although their owners may not be yet aware how to do it. Educational eh!



If you look carefully you can see the second cache!!!






Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home